Sunday, October 01, 2006

Let Me Be Blunt


The title says it all. Let me be blunt. It saddens me to see people just playing Christian. It saddens me for a number of reasons. First of all, it means people are not living up to their potential in Christ. It means that Christians who "play church" will become bitter because they never have the chance to experience the real Jesus in their lives. It means that the world has another reason to point the finger and say "See, Christianity doesn't work."

The Scriptures are clear that my job as a pastor is to "prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up..." (Ephesians 4:12) or in my vernacular - to help people to stop playing church and be the church. The last thing I want to spend my life doing is to lead a bunch of people who are satisfied gathering to sing some cool songs on Sunday and live status-quo lives the rest of the week.

I want to be used of God to transform ordinary people into radical, and I mean really radical, followers of Jesus. Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I'm shooting too high. Maybe I'm out of touch...or maybe it's the other way around.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Remember what Jesus said about the Pharisees and the hypocrites... of their "big greetings in the market place"...!
    Gledwood
    http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Roman Ruins - Roma

THE PANTHEON is the largest and oldest cement dome still in existence. the present structure was built on the site of an earlier temple co...