Friday, December 22, 2006

Kill the Old Man!


Jesus screwed up my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lord but when I signed on for this 'following' Jesus stuff, I was under the impression that everything would be okay...no problems, always full of joy and a place in heaven. No one told me about the things Jesus said like "In this world you will have trouble." or "the world will hate you on account of me." When I chose to follow Jesus (and it is a choice)God gave me a new nature - a nature that wants to please the one who died for me. But I still have this old nature - the old man (pictured above, who desires to kick Jesus off the throne of my life.

If I were to stop here, you could conclude that Christians are nutty (In fact, the Bible says that we would be seen as fools and peculiar), but in reality, I believe we are the most sane of all people. Christians don't minimize that the world is messed up and some of the mess is due to we followers of Jesus. We also do not minimize the grace and power of our Lord. By the way, those things that Jesus said above, let me finish them.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:23


Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Luke 6:22


I've realized that Jesus loves me too much to let me live in the status quo. He is the one who can take a struggling sinner like me out of a messed up world, pour grace into my life and transform me.

My prayer: Jesus, screw me up more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roman Ruins - Roma

THE PANTHEON is the largest and oldest cement dome still in existence. the present structure was built on the site of an earlier temple co...